FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Medicine forums » cardiology
Chest pains and weight loss
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2
Author Message
nospam7@heartmdphd.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 470

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

Pulpitfire wrote:
Quote:
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

Still fasting day 23 of 40 (carried my daughter on my shoulders for
many miles yesterday ...we
outwalked the rest of my group even up hills.

Mt 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy
right hand doeth:
Mt 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in
secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Fasting is not alms, dear brother.

Source: http://www.m-w.com

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew
http://HeartMDPhD.com/TheLife
Back to top
milo47@myvoisco.com
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

"I am not a Pharisee by any stretch of the imagination."

Please forgive me, the measure is not in the Words of the Pharisee as they
publically elevate themselves, but in their actions measured against the
scale of our Lord in His many examples of what a Pharisee does.
Back to top
nospam7@heartmdphd.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 470

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

milo47@myvoisco.com wrote:
Quote:
"Fasting is not alms, dear brother."

Correct, but other scripture speaks as well of public boasting about
fasting and other acts of Pharisees.

I am not a Pharisee by any stretch of the imagination.

All praise and glory to LORD Jesus Christ, Whom I love with all my
heart, soul, mind, and strength.

You will be in my prayers, dear neighbor.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/TheLife
Back to top
milo47@myvoisco.com
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

"On this side of the cross, born-again Christians know that we are not
saved by such "good" works but by our faith in Christ Jesus as our LORD,
our Savior, and our GOD **and** HIS infinite mercy and grace in purchasing
us from our deadly sins with HIS OWN blood."

Correct, which makes instances of Pharisee like display of works and
intentional actions to draw attention to them all the more obvious as seen
measured against the scale our Lord provided.

"Indeed, I joyfully receive the world's insults and ridicule for my
unwavering choice to be openly Christian because such slings and arrows
from the world serve well to prove that there has been no
self-glorification."

Forgive me, I don't think this is really the kind of Pharisee like public
behavior that measures well against the scales our Lord provided to us as
to the way we are to act as Christians and to avoid even the image of
being
the Pharisee such as in such triumphal self proclamations of our "good
works".
Back to top
nospam7@heartmdphd.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 470

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

milo47@myvoisco.com wrote:
Quote:
"I am not a Pharisee by any stretch of the imagination."

Please forgive me

You are forgiven as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
, the measure is not in the Words of the Pharisee as they
publically elevate themselves, but in their actions measured against the
scale of our Lord in His many examples of what a Pharisee does.

Yes, some Pharisees publicly elevate themselves among their peers by
performing public acts (public prayer, fasting, alms et cetera) that
are deemed "good" by their peers. Such acts could very well be acts of
self-glorification as they may seem to be outwardly with only the LORD
knowing whether this is also the case inwardly. Such folks receive
praise from mortals for their outward display of "good" works and so it
is written they have received their reward already.

On this side of the cross, born-again Christians know that we are not
saved by such "good" works but by our faith in Christ Jesus as our
LORD, our Savior, and our GOD **and** HIS infinite mercy and grace in
purchasing us from our deadly sins with HIS OWN blood.

And, so it remains my choice to continue to walk with Christ, Whom I
love with all my being as HE guides me in everything I say, do, and
write. This I do without fear of anything in this world though I
tremble inside with fear and awe of HIM. Indeed, I joyfully receive
the world's insults and ridicule for my unwavering choice to be openly
Christian because such slings and arrows from the world serve well to
prove that there has been no self-glorification.

All praises and glory to LORD GOD Almighty now and forevermore.

Still praying for you, dear neighbor.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/TheLife
Back to top
Mark K. Bilbo
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 470

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

Previously, on alt.atheism, The Lord, pt. II in episode
<1152251950.631278.21870@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>...

Quote:
Andrew B. Chung wrote:
Still fasting day 23 of 40 (carried my daughter on my shoulders for many
miles yesterday to see the famous Lenox Square fireworks in Atlanta
yesterday which was almost a rainout... GOD's lightning bolts were more
spectacular than the fireworks Smile.

What a load of horse s**t! The hallucinations have taken over, apparently.

Oh that happened a looooong time ago...

--
Mark K. Bilbo
--------------------------------------------------
"As hip as it is for outsiders to blame New Orleans
for everything bad that happened during and after
Hurricane Katrina, the truth is that the people
who lived here were much more prepared for a big
storm than the federal government that promised
us flood protection." [Jarvis DeBerry]

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V180525DC

"Everything New Orleans"
http://www.nola.com
Back to top
Mike Painter
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
Quote:
Previously, on alt.atheism, The Lord, pt. II in episode
1152251950.631278.21870@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>...

Andrew B. Chung wrote:
Still fasting day 23 of 40 (carried my daughter on my shoulders for
many miles yesterday to see the famous Lenox Square fireworks in
Atlanta yesterday which was almost a rainout... GOD's lightning
bolts were more spectacular than the fireworks Smile.

What a load of horse s**t! The hallucinations have taken over,
apparently.

Oh that happened a looooong time ago...

His fasting probably uses the same method the people who live on air and
*never* eat use.
Burgers when they think nobody is watching.
Back to top
www.pulpitfire.org
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
Quote:
milo47@myvoisco.com wrote:
"I am not a Pharisee by any stretch of the imagination."

Please forgive me

You are forgiven as far as I am concerned.

, the measure is not in the Words of the Pharisee as they
publically elevate themselves, but in their actions measured against the
scale of our Lord in His many examples of what a Pharisee does.

Yes, some Pharisees publicly elevate themselves among their peers by
performing public acts (public prayer, fasting, alms et cetera) that
are deemed "good" by their peers. Such acts could very well be acts of
self-glorification as they may seem to be outwardly with only the LORD
knowing whether this is also the case inwardly. Such folks receive
praise from mortals for their outward display of "good" works and so it
is written they have received their reward already.

On this side of the cross, born-again Christians know that we are not
saved by such "good" works but by our faith in Christ Jesus as our
LORD, our Savior, and our GOD **and** HIS infinite mercy and grace in
purchasing us from our deadly sins with HIS OWN blood.

And, so it remains my choice to continue to walk with Christ, Whom I
love with all my being as HE guides me in everything I say, do, and
write. This I do without fear of anything in this world though I
tremble inside with fear and awe of HIM. Indeed, I joyfully receive
the world's insults and ridicule for my unwavering choice to be openly
Christian because such slings and arrows from the world serve well to
prove that there has been no self-glorification.

Matthew 6
17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is
in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee
openly.

Why are you supposed to anoint your head and wash your face when you
fast? So that you don't even as much as appear to be fasting to men,
and so your Father who is in "secret", and who sees in "secret",.shall
reward you openly.

Key word: "secret". That means "men" don't know you are fasting. Do
you get it now, or are you going to keep updating the whole world about
your fast? Simply slapping the phrase "glory to God" after telling
everyone you are fasting, isn't enough. Fast in "secret".
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

www.pulpitfire.org wrote:
Quote:
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
milo47@myvoisco.com wrote:
"I am not a Pharisee by any stretch of the imagination."

Please forgive me

You are forgiven as far as I am concerned.

, the measure is not in the Words of the Pharisee as they
publically elevate themselves, but in their actions measured against the
scale of our Lord in His many examples of what a Pharisee does.

Yes, some Pharisees publicly elevate themselves among their peers by
performing public acts (public prayer, fasting, alms et cetera) that
are deemed "good" by their peers. Such acts could very well be acts of
self-glorification as they may seem to be outwardly with only the LORD
knowing whether this is also the case inwardly. Such folks receive
praise from mortals for their outward display of "good" works and so it
is written they have received their reward already.

On this side of the cross, born-again Christians know that we are not
saved by such "good" works but by our faith in Christ Jesus as our
LORD, our Savior, and our GOD **and** HIS infinite mercy and grace in
purchasing us from our deadly sins with HIS OWN blood.

And, so it remains my choice to continue to walk with Christ, Whom I
love with all my being as HE guides me in everything I say, do, and
write. This I do without fear of anything in this world though I
tremble inside with fear and awe of HIM. Indeed, I joyfully receive
the world's insults and ridicule for my unwavering choice to be openly
Christian because such slings and arrows from the world serve well to
prove that there has been no self-glorification.

Matthew 6
17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is
in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee
openly.

Why are you supposed to anoint your head and wash your face when you
fast?

To glorify GOD, Who is humbling you by making you hungry...
(Deuteronomy 8:3)

Quote:
So that you don't even as much as appear to be fasting to men,
and so your Father who is in "secret", and who sees in "secret",.shall
reward you openly.

The Holy Spirit has led me to fast and not the other way around as is
the case for some who claim their motivation is for a closer walk with
GOD.

Quote:
Key word: "secret". That means "men" don't know you are fasting. Do
you get it now, or are you going to keep updating the whole world about
your fast?

The LORD continues to guide me in everything I say, do, and write.

Quote:
Simply slapping the phrase "glory to God" after telling
everyone you are fasting, isn't enough. Fast in "secret".

It is wiser to simply obey GOD in all things in the manner of HIS
choosing.

Again, we are on this side of the cross with the Holy Spirit guiding us
to do things in ways that are unfathomable by those of this world. It
is written that those reborn of water and the Holy Spirit are like the
wind which the world knows not its comings and goings.

Truth is simple.

You remind me of Simon Peter asking LORD Jesus about John's walk with
HIM.

Remember that Jesus' response was "What is it to you?"

Our LORD's peace be with you, dear brother.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/TheLife
Back to top
milo47@myvoisco.com
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

"It is wiser to simply obey GOD in all things in the manner of HIS
choosing."

"It is wiser to simply obey GOD in all things in the manner of HIS
choosing."

Correct, but it was also the manner of the Pharisee to evoke God as being
in favor of their self glory and public acts. Our Lord gave us a scale
against which to measure as to being a Pharisee, such things as public
gestures of prayer and fasting and self righteous judgement toward others
and so on were all done in the Name of God. I wonder if taking the name
of
God in vain includes this?

Please forgive me if I offend, the scale our Lord gave is not in words
someone proclaims about their self righteousness but in the behavior of
their "fruit" by which the measure is done. All men would declare
themselves holy if given a choice, it is part of our fallen state against
which we must guard. The only measure of holy is the scales given us by
our Lord and He alone will judge our holiness.
Back to top
outsor@citynet.net
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 569

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

"Is it not also the manner of the Pharisee to critically scrutinize the
walk of another, rather than tending to the log in their own eye?"

Yes, as I have made mention of often in this context in past posts, "god
have mercy on me a sinner". We are to also remind one another in humility
when those among us stray in our behavior, salvation being known only to
God.
Back to top
John
medicine forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

On 08 Jul 2006 12:06:01 GMT, milo47@myvoisco.com wrote:

Quote:
"It is wiser to simply obey GOD in all things in the manner of HIS
choosing."

"It is wiser to simply obey GOD in all things in the manner of HIS
choosing."

Correct, but it was also the manner of the Pharisee to evoke God as being
in favor of their self glory and public acts. Our Lord gave us a scale
against which to measure as to being a Pharisee, such things as public
gestures of prayer and fasting and self righteous judgement toward others
and so on were all done in the Name of God. I wonder if taking the name
of
God in vain includes this?

Is it not also the manner of the Pharisee to critically scrutinize the
walk of another, rather than tending to the log in their own eye?

Just wonderin'.

Blessings,
John
Back to top
John
medicine forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 144

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Chest pains and weight loss Reply with quote

On 08 Jul 2006 20:29:28 GMT, outsor@citynet.net wrote:

Quote:
"Is it not also the manner of the Pharisee to critically scrutinize the
walk of another, rather than tending to the log in their own eye?"

Yes, as I have made mention of often in this context in past posts, "god
have mercy on me a sinner". We are to also remind one another in humility
when those among us stray in our behavior, salvation being known only to
God.

Is over and over again reminding "in humility"?

Blessings,
John
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts] Goto page:  Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:23 pm | All times are GMT
Forum index » Medicine forums » cardiology
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts temporary loss of vision devans vision 0 Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:29 pm
No new posts temporary loss of vision devans vision 0 Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:29 pm
No new posts temporary loss of vision devans vision 0 Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:28 pm
No new posts ACT Energy Drink and STACK Weight Loss Drink Ferrari3@gmail.com nutrition 0 Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:20 pm
No new posts The TRUTH Thimerosal IS 49.6% mercury by weight \"Jan Drew\" nursing 15 Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:50 am

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: email marketing campaigns , electronics forum, Science forum, Unix/Linux blog, Unix/Linux documentation, Unix/Linux forums


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.2106s ][ Queries: 16 (0.1568s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]