FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Medicine forums » cardiology
Butterfly Effect: New Species Bred in Lab
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [47 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
GaryG
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 525

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Marana tha ! Reply with quote

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <andrew@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
news:1150669875.611508.32630@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
Quote:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article <1150592934.379928.54350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
in
article <1150542055.062655.247160@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
wrote in
article <1150502877.198968.17380@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
wrote in
article
1150435997.824700.109880@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>:

Then I assume you have a truthful explanation for the fact that
at one
time you listed yourself as having privileges at three Atlanta
area
hospitals and now list yourself as having none.

Asked and answered long ago.

Being asked again, hoping for a more accurate answer.

Some physician profiling databases automatically gather
hospital
privilege information while others make it voluntary to be
provided by
the physicians. For those databases where it is an option, I
have
elected to not disclose the hospitals where I have privileges.

Neither the AMA or the GCMB gather this automatically, nor do they
make
it voluntary.

Actually, the AMA Masterfile is generated automatically.

Yes, you are correct; they state that they gather from a variety of
sources, and note: "The database of physician information which drives
AMA DoctorFinder does not contain sufficient information with which to
verify physician credentials under the standards of the Joint Commission
(JCAHO), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) or the
Utilization Review Accreditation Committee (URAC). "

Bottomline: There is no truth in you.

Or, more accurately, "La-la-la-la...I can't *hear* you!".

Quote:

If you wish to become truthful, all you need to do is publicly declare
(usenet is very pubic) that Jesus Christ is your LORD, your Savior,
and your GOD.

If you do not, all further discussion with you will be meaningless
(Ecclesiastes).

Or, more accurately, "If you don't share my delusions, I won't listen to
you."

GG

Quote:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life... " -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
14:6)

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is LORD," and believe in
your heart that GOD raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it
is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with
your mouth that you confess and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

Marana tha !

Still praying for you, dear Don.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew
http://tinyurl.com/m3gmu

The GCMB page says the law *requires* physicians to
provide accurate information.

And, I have provided the mandatory information and what has been
provided is accurate.

And your info page at GCMB says you provided information that you have
no privileges at any hospital. Either you have allowed incorrect
information to remain on the AMA page or you have provided false
information (or failed to provide any information) to Georgia. You have
at least an ethical and moral duty to correct any false information with
the AMA and according to GCMA you have a legal obligation to provide
them with correct information.

For this reason, all claims by you and others that the GCMB site has
ever listed any hospital privileges information about me have been
untrue. Though the GCMB takes no responsibility for the accuracy of
the information, they do prosecute physicians who provide false
information. Providing no information is not providing false
information. It is a quirk of the GCMB site to indicate that the
physician has no hospital privileges when no hospital privileges
information has been provided to them.

But as I wrote:

However, the GCMB site indicates you *have* provided information:
"This
physician has reported that he/she does not currently hold staff
privileges at any hospital."

Again, this is a quirk of the GCMB site where apparently the web
programmers made the assumption that physicians would always want to
publicize their privileges so that if a physician does not provide the
information, it automatically means s/he does not have any privileges.

Management staff, not programmers, make policy for the quality of what
is contained on a commercial or organizational web site. That page is
not for doctors who "want to publicize their privileges," it is to
provide information to patients and potential consumers of services.
Withholding or falsifying that information does not serve the purposes
of the site.

Note that this says you provided the
information and have reported that you do not have privileges at
*any*
hospital. Either your "no privileges" statement is false, or that
you
have not provided information to GCMB, as you strongly imply, is
false.
They cannot both be true.

Correct. The latter is true. The former is untrue because I have not
informed GCMB that I have "no privileges." See above.

It's your word against theirs whether or not you provided information to
them; I'll take their word.

The "latter," which you say is true, is of course "that you have not
provided information . . . is false." I can accept that.

In summary, if your claim were true, I would no longer have an
active
license in Georgia. However, it should be obvious to the most
casual
observer that I remain licensed in good standing in the state of
Georgia.

Which claim are you referring to? That GCMA says you provided them
information that you have no privileges?

The GCMB details page begins with this position statement:

"Disclaimer: This information has been provided by the physician and
has
not been verified by the board. The Patient Right to Know Act
*requires*
physicians licensed to practice in the State of Georgia to provide
certain information to the Board that is to be made available to the
public. The Board relies upon information provided by physicians to
be
true and correct, as required by statute. It is an act of
unprofessional
conduct for a licensee to provide erroneous information to the Board.
The Board makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or
completeness of physician profiles."

There is strong evidence that at one time you applied to both, but
I've
found no evidence that the application process was completed.

In truth, I have admitted and rounded on patients in all the hospitals
listed on the AMA web site.

The issue is whether you currently are credentialed to do that, not
whether you did it as a student years ago.

Their disclaimers of liability would indicate that neither can be held
to the truth.

To the truth of the information, not to the truth of their own
assertions. They make clear that the information comes from other
sources, the physician himself in the case of Georgia.

I was in error for writing before completing my verification.
However,
perhaps you should clarify why you have reported to the AMA that you
have privileges at three hospitals and tell the Georgia folks you
don't
have privileges at any hospital.
--
Don Kirkman
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Marana tha ! Reply with quote

GaryG wrote:
Quote:
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <andrew@heartmdphd.com> wrote in message
news:1150669875.611508.32630@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article <1150592934.379928.54350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
in
article <1150542055.062655.247160@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
wrote in
article <1150502877.198968.17380@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>:
Don Kirkman wrote:
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
wrote in
article
1150435997.824700.109880@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>:

Then I assume you have a truthful explanation for the fact that
at one
time you listed yourself as having privileges at three Atlanta
area
hospitals and now list yourself as having none.

Asked and answered long ago.

Being asked again, hoping for a more accurate answer.

Some physician profiling databases automatically gather
hospital
privilege information while others make it voluntary to be
provided by
the physicians. For those databases where it is an option, I
have
elected to not disclose the hospitals where I have privileges.

Neither the AMA or the GCMB gather this automatically, nor do they
make
it voluntary.

Actually, the AMA Masterfile is generated automatically.

Yes, you are correct; they state that they gather from a variety of
sources, and note: "The database of physician information which drives
AMA DoctorFinder does not contain sufficient information with which to
verify physician credentials under the standards of the Joint Commission
(JCAHO), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) or the
Utilization Review Accreditation Committee (URAC). "

Bottomline: There is no truth in you.

Or, more accurately, "La-la-la-la...I can't *hear* you!".

You also are without the truth.

Still praying for you, dear GaryG.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew
http://tinyurl.com/m3gnu
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [47 Posts] Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:49 pm | All times are GMT
Forum index » Medicine forums » cardiology
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Chronic Anxiety and Exercise, how does it effect the heart ? RichA cardiology 15 Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 pm
No new posts Effect of forest clearing on the abundance of Ixodes rici... georgia lyme 0 Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:09 pm
No new posts Can breathing pattern effect blood flow? Kumar cardiology 11 Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:25 am
No new posts carcinogenic effect of inhaled formaldehyde, Federal Inst... kipbrock@yahoo.com nutrition 0 Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:50 am
No new posts Insight into the anti-cancer effect of exercise Roman Bystrianyk cancer 1 Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:01 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: email marketing campaigns , electronics forum, Science forum, Unix/Linux blog, Unix/Linux documentation, Unix/Linux forums


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0157s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0024s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]