FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Medicine forums » laboratory
Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ..?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
ironjustice@aol.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1522

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ..? Reply with quote

<<snip>>
G6PDH activities correlated inversely with protein carbonyl levels
(R(2)=0.77-0.97), suggesting possible inactivation of the enzymes due
to their carbonylation
<<snip>>

Coordinated response of goldfish antioxidant defenses to environmental
stress.
Bagnyukova TV, Chahrak OI, Lushchak VI
Aquat Toxicol. 2006 May 1;

Different kinds of oxidative stress cause responses of antioxidant
defenses which often act in concert. In previous works, some
relationships have been found between oxidative stress markers and
antioxidant enzyme activities in goldfish treated with different levels
of oxygen or heat shock. This study aimed to check whether or not there
are general patterns of relationships between antioxidant enzyme
activities and oxidative stress indices in goldfish tissues, regardless
of the stressor. For this, goldfish were treated with different
concentrations of iron sulphate, 20 or 500muM, as well as limestone
water for 7 days. Both iron ions and limestone water led to a pH shift.
Therefore, complex effects of iron ions and/or a pH shift on levels of
oxidative stress indices and antioxidant enzyme activities in goldfish
liver and kidney were investigated. Experimental conditions resulted in
increased protein carbonyl content by 1.5-1.9-fold. Externally added
iron ions did not change lipid peroxide levels in the liver but
decreased them in the kidney, while levels of thiobarbituric acid
reactive substances (TBARS) were elevated by 1.4-2.5-fold. Limestone
water raised levels of both lipid peroxidation products in the liver.
The treatment affected activities of superoxide dismutase and catalase
only slightly, but activities of glutathione-associated enzymes,
glutathione-S-transferase (GST), glutathione reductase (GR), and
glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH) were lowered in many cases.
G6PDH activities correlated inversely with protein carbonyl levels
(R(2)=0.77-0.97), suggesting possible inactivation of the enzymes due
to their carbonylation. Levels of lipid peroxidation products had a
positive correlation to activities of catalase in the liver and GR in
the kidney (R(2)=0.83), indicating possible up-regulation of the
enzymes by these products. A negative link between TBARS levels and GST
activities may reflect the involvement of GST in the detoxification of
lipid peroxide products. The main conclusions are: (i) experimental
conditions resulted in increased levels of protein carbonyls and end
products of lipid peroxidation (TBARS); (ii) under oxidative stress,
some enzymes can be inactivated due to oxidation; (iii) lipid
peroxidation products seem to be involved in up-regulation of some
antioxidant enzymes.



Who loves ya.
Tom


Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com


Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3


DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk
Back to top
ironjustice@aol.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1522

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ..? Reply with quote

ironjustice@aol.com wrote:
Quote:
snip
G6PDH activities correlated inversely with protein carbonyl levels
(R(2)=0.77-0.97), suggesting possible inactivation of the enzymes due
to their carbonylation
snip
Free Radic Biol Med. 2002 May 1;32(9):938-49. Related Articles, Links

Nowww .. in this article / study ... the asbestos .. which does its'
damage through .. iron .. ALSO .. 'coincidentally' .. inactivates ..
glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase .. due AGAIN to .. oxidative stress /
rust ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crocidolite asbestos inhibits pentose phosphate oxidative pathway and
glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity in human lung epithelial
cells.

Riganti C, Aldieri E, Bergandi L, Fenoglio I, Costamagna C, Fubini B,
Bosia A, Ghigo D.

Interdepartmental Center "G. Scansetti" for Studies on Asbestos and
other Toxic Particulates, University of Torino, Italy.

The cytotoxicity of asbestos has been related to its ability to
increase the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), via the
iron-catalyzed reduction of oxygen and/or the activation of NADPH
oxidase. The pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) is generally activated by
the cell exposure to oxidant molecules. Contrary to our expectations,
asbestos (crocidolite) fibers caused a dose- and time-dependent
inhibition of PPP and decreased its activation by an oxidative stress
in human lung epithelial cells A549. In parallel, the intracellular
activity of the PPP rate-limiting enzyme, glucose 6-phosphate
dehydrogenase (G6PD), was significantly diminished by crocidolite
exposure. This inhibition was selective, as the activity of other PPP
and glycolysis enzymes was not modified, and was not attributable to a
decreased expression of G6PD. On the opposite, the incubation with
glass fibers MMVF10 did not modify PPP and G6PD activity. PPP and G6PD
inhibition did not correlate with the increased nitric oxide (NO)
production elicited by crocidolite in A549 cells. Experiments with the
purified enzyme suggest that crocidolite inhibits G6PD by directly
interacting with the protein. We propose here a new mechanism of
asbestos-evoked oxidative stress, wherein fibers increase the
intracellular ROS levels also by inhibiting the main antioxidant
pathway of the cell.

PMID: 11978496 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Who loves ya.
Tom


Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com


Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3


DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk
Back to top
ironjustice@aol.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1522

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ..? Reply with quote

ironjustice@aol.com wrote:

Hmmmm ...

Acta Haematol. 1999;101(3):145-8. Related Articles, Links


Effect of desferrioxamine in acute haemolytic anaemia of
glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.

al-Rimawi HS, al-Sheyyab M, Batieha A, el-Shanti H, Abuekteish F.

Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of
Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan.

The effectiveness of desferrioxamine (DFO) in ameliorating the severity
of the acute haemolysis of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)
deficiency was studied in 167 children with G6PD deficiency during an
acute haemolytic crisis. All patients received packed cell transfusion
on admission if their Hb levels were <8 g/dl, which was repeated as
needed. Eighty patients also received a single dose of DFO 30-40 mg/kg
by slow intravenous infusion (DFO group). The remaining 87 children did
not receive DFO (control group). The need for more than one transfusion
was less frequent in the DFO group as compared to the control group (p
= 0. 01). The need for late transfusion (transfusion after 36 h of
admission) was also less in the DFO group (7%) compared to 21% in the
control group (p = 0.02). On average, children in the DFO group needed
less packed red blood cells (16.5 ml/kg body weight) than the control
group (22.8 ml/kg body weight) and the difference was highly
significant (p = 0.0001). We conclude from this study that DFO in a
small dose is effective in the treatment of acute haemolytic crises of
G6PD deficiency. It shortens the duration of the crisis and decreases
the amount of blood transfusion needed.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial
Controlled Clinical Trial

PMID: 10352334 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Who loves ya.
Tom


Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com


Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3


DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk
Back to top
babawali@world.com
medicine forum addict


Joined: 29 Apr 2006
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ..? Reply with quote

The readers might wonder at the behavior of "ironjustice", here is the
short version of his story either provided by him or as observed by his
behavior:

Using a secret method learned from a book he was able to decode the hidden
message of scripture and began his "work":

1 God said not to eat meat but people ate meat in disobedience.

2. as a punishment for this "original sin" people began to suffer diseases.

3. the kind of iron in meat builds up and is the cause of all diseases.

4. all the abstracts and articles cross posted mention iron and some
disease together as overwhelming proof while avoiding those showing iron as
medical treatment.

5. or they mention vegetarian or antioxidants or chelators or blood loss
which are a cure for iron overload which causes all diseases.

6. a great part of each day is given over to searching the internet and
cherry picking articles for mention of iron and a disease in the same
article, described as "impeccable research", when in fact the content is
not comprehended because of the difficult science used.

7. patient posting of these articles will eventually show the proof and
acceptance of the iron theory among scientists, while giving meat eaters a
good "lesson" of their sinful ways.

8. great scientific recognition and honors will then come, perhaps even a
Nobel prize. At least recognition as that for the father in 'Lorenzo's
Oil' is forthcoming. All is summarized by:

"I am now having more success in the medical field THAN ANYONE IN HISTORY"

9. any mention of the flaws of fact or logic or gross misinterpretation or
evidence to the contrary is met with angry hate filled abuse and
obscenities.

10. this takes the form of irrelevant staccato phrases using tortured
grammar and perverse and obsessive use of "...", accompanied one imagines
with the forceful striking of fingers to keyboard.
Back to top
ironjustice@aol.com
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1522

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency ..? Reply with quote

babawali@world.com wrote:
Quote:
The readers might wonder at the behavior of "ironjustice", here is the
short version of his story either provided by him or as observed by his
behavior:

Using a secret method learned from a book he was able to decode the hidden
message of scripture and began his "work":

1 God said not to eat meat but people ate meat in disobedience.

2. as a punishment for this "original sin" people began to suffer diseases.

3. the kind of iron in meat builds up and is the cause of all diseases.

4. all the abstracts and articles cross posted mention iron and some
disease together as overwhelming proof while avoiding those showing iron as
medical treatment.

5. or they mention vegetarian or antioxidants or chelators or blood loss
which are a cure for iron overload which causes all diseases.

6. a great part of each day is given over to searching the internet and
cherry picking articles for mention of iron and a disease in the same
article, described as "impeccable research", when in fact the content is
not comprehended because of the difficult science used.

7. patient posting of these articles will eventually show the proof and
acceptance of the iron theory among scientists, while giving meat eaters a
good "lesson" of their sinful ways.

8. great scientific recognition and honors will then come, perhaps even a
Nobel prize. At least recognition as that for the father in 'Lorenzo's
Oil' is forthcoming. All is summarized by:

"I am now having more success in the medical field THAN ANYONE IN HISTORY"

9. any mention of the flaws of fact or logic or gross misinterpretation or
evidence to the contrary is met with angry hate filled abuse and
obscenities.

10. this takes the form of irrelevant staccato phrases using tortured
grammar and perverse and obsessive use of "...", accompanied one imagines
with the forceful striking of fingers to keyboard.

What have YOU .. got .. ?

All the atributes of a .. ? .. pussy .. ? ..

"We conclude from this study that DFO / an iron binding drug /
derferoxamine .. in a
*small* dose is *effective* in the treatment of acute haemolytic crises
of
G6PD deficiency. "

Heh .. heh ..

Iron binding drug is an iron 'chelator' ..

They are used to bind up ... iron ..

Take .. notes ..

Heh .. heh ..

Ya .. fkg .. pussy ...



Who loves ya.
Tom


Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com


Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3


DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 am | All times are GMT
Forum index » Medicine forums » laboratory
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Glucose intolerance / iron excess ironjustice@aol.com nutrition 0 Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:46 pm
No new posts July 2006 Monthly follow up: "Is melanoma simply a Vitami... James Semmel cancer 0 Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:21 pm
No new posts Iron Deficiency GMCarter nutrition 4 Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:55 am
No new posts June 2006 follow up: "Is melanoma simply a Vitamin D defi... James Semmel cancer 0 Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:55 pm
No new posts Iron deficiency in pregnancy is low ironjustice@aol.com nursing 2 Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:48 am

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: email marketing campaigns , electronics forum, Science forum, Unix/Linux blog, Unix/Linux documentation, Unix/Linux forums


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0182s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0026s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]