FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Medicine forums » nursing
Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Mr-Natural-Health
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

TC wrote:
Quote:
Chuck wrote:
He is known for selling nutrient-deficient cereals, advocating enemas,
advocating circumcision of young boys without anethesia to discourage
masturbation and advocating dabbing an acid onto young girls clitori
for the same purpose. He is also known to remove portions of hundred of
peoples colons when his enemas were ineffective. Face it, the man was
nuts.

You have GOT to be kidding me! Was that just a joke?

I wish.

http://www.rotten.com/library/sex/masturbation/kelloggs-cornflakes/

TC

Just watch some cable television for a change, and educate yourself TC.
You can get surgeons to cut your dick off today, or put breast
implants into men, with absolutely NO questions asked. All it takes is
money.

Kellogg performed no surgeries on children that was NOT paid for by
their parents, just like it is today. If you got money, you can do
anything, even if you have to go to Mexico or India to have it done.

So, you point is what? Oh, I know. TC is just a moron.
Back to top
TC
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 1814

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Quote:
He is known for selling nutrient-deficient cereals, advocating enemas,
advocating circumcision of young boys without anethesia to discourage
masturbation and advocating dabbing an acid onto young girls clitori
for the same purpose. He is also known to remove portions of hundred of
peoples colons when his enemas were ineffective. Face it, the man was
nuts.

You have GOT to be kidding me! Was that just a joke?

I wish.

http://www.rotten.com/library/sex/masturbation/kelloggs-cornflakes/

TC
Back to top
Chuck
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1132

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

Quote:
He is known for selling nutrient-deficient cereals, advocating enemas,
advocating circumcision of young boys without anethesia to discourage
masturbation and advocating dabbing an acid onto young girls clitori
for the same purpose. He is also known to remove portions of hundred of
peoples colons when his enemas were ineffective. Face it, the man was
nuts.

You have GOT to be kidding me! Was that just a joke?
Back to top
Mr-Natural-Health
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

TC has a ZERO impact in smn, let alone on the world.

I just purchased a STEREO VCR for $5 and a copy of _Notes on Nursing_
by Florence Nightingale for 50 cents, from Goodwill. I plan on reading
this book tonight. So, my interest in Kellogg is over. :)

I do NOT suffer from IBS. I have never experienced indigestion or
heart burn in my entire life. I happen to have a cast iron stomach.

Hey, TC, every time I take a dump it is better than SEX, thanks to
Kellogg's high-fiber diet. Just thought that you might want to know.
Sex is the most overrated nothing in the universe for those who happen
to have a brain. :)

Kellogg was right in suggesting what a person should do to be healthy.
But, usually gave the wrong explanation as to why.

It took another 100 years, but somehow Kellogg knew that eating fish
would mean eating toxins, like mercury. Man that guy, unlike you, was
ahead of the curve.
Back to top
Mr-Natural-Health
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

dmacdonald95@gmail.com wrote:

Quote:
Just thought I'd point this out:

Thus, I see no scientific reason to suggest at all that encouraging his
patients to go to the toilet 3 times a day by way of his high-fiber
diets and drinking plenty of water. Plus, applying yogurt at both ends
would not have been an effective treatment.

All your last posts said that yogurt enemas were the treatment (for
"something", whatever that something may be, IBS, gastrointestinal
disease, it doesn't really matter), and now you're saying it's NOT an
effective treatment?

Sorry, but my double negative, or whatever, makes it a consistent
statement.

Quote:
Thus, I see no scientific reason to suggest ... [that] applying yogurt at both ends
would not have been an effective treatment.
Back to top
TC
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 1814

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

Doc John wrote:
Quote:
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
I am posing a serious academic question, here. So, the public clown
known as TC can go take a hike. :)

If we are to accuse Kellogg of Quackery then we should at least use the
term 'autointoxication' as he defined it.

http://lifestylelaboratory.com/articles/simple-life-nutshell.html
"Modern medical research has demonstrated that most maladies from which
human beings suffer, chronic as well as acute, are due to infection of
the alimentary canal with poison-forming germs. Many scores of such
germs are known. The poisons are absorbed, and give rise to a great
variety of distressing maladies and symptoms. Unnatural foods and
unwholesome habits of life encourage infection of the intestine by
introducing poison-forming bacteria and promoting their growth. Natural
food and natural habits of life combat these disease-producing
infections. Hence the "simple life" is an antitoxic life, a clean life
in the largest sense."

Kellogg was obsessed with patients who suffered from indigestion. So,
when in 1917 in JAMA he had claimed that he had successfully treated
40,000 patients suffering from gastrointestinal disease with enemas, he
was obviously referring to what we would today call IBS.

It was in fact not known what caused IBS until the new millennium
proved that it was caused by excessive amounts of bacteria in the small
intestine.

Study links intestinal bacteria to irritable bowel syndrome
December 13, 2000
Web posted at: 11:19 AM EST (1619 GMT)
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/12/13/bc.health.irritablebowel.reut/index.html

Lin HC. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth: a framework for
understanding irritable bowel syndrome. JAMA. 2004 Aug 18;292(7):852-8.
Review.
PMID: 15316000
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15316000

Eradication of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth Reduces Symptoms
of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Pimental M, Chow EJ, Lin HC. Amer J Gastro 12: 3503-3506, 2000.
http://www.mindbodydigestive.com/themindb1920/PageId/1/ibs/irritable-bowel-syndrome/treatments/Journal-Reviews/LId/0,30,47/Id/47/Small-Intestinal-Bacterial-Overgrowth.html

Thus, I see no scientific reason to suggest at all that encouraging his
patients to go to the toilet 3 times a day by way of his high-fiber
diets and drinking plenty of water. Plus, applying yogurt at both ends
would not have been an effective treatment. The objective desired by
Kellogg was to flush out the excessive levels of bacteria from the
intestines in a day when antibiotics were not even available. And, to
have the yogurt also re-establish the desired kind of flora / bacteria
in the intestions.

So, I will ask again for an academic to kindly prove with an academic
argument why Kellogg over 100 years ago was NOT in fact correct. To
me, his perception of the problem and how to manage its symptoms was
astoundingly accurate given the level of ridicule that this man had
received over the years.
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html

Name me one of Kelloggs "inventions" or one of his "treatments" or one
of his ideas that has any value or continued use in current medical
field. Name me one thing that Kellogg brought to the table that is not
considered garbage today. Name me one positive lasting impact of
Kelloggs life. Virtually everything that Kellogg stood for has now been
dropped as ineffective, quackery, or simply nonsensical. Virtually
everything that Kellogg stood for has failed to survive even a modicum
of scientific scrutiny.

Just because he was ready and willing to take a chance and try radical
crap out on innocent patients does not make his actions useful to
mankind. And in many ways he sent us down paths that have caused
irreparable harm to many people. Whether thru vegetarian
malnourishment, thru eating grains that cause IBS and GI diseases, thru
the overuse of useless enemas, thru surgical removal of colons, thru
circumcision of children without anesthetic, thru applying acid to
young girls clitori, thru his advocating a bland and nutrient-deficient
diet, etc, etc, his concepts have done more to confuse the issues of
health and nutrition and have caused more pain and hardship than any
other supposed pioneer of health.

If even a small number (even one) of his ideas were actually valid and
actually provided health or relief to health problems, I might give him
credit for thinking outside the box. But the reality was that he jumped
on many unproven theories and he applied them willy nilly without
regard for actually improving peoples health or even being aware of his
impact on his patients.

Kellogg has had a net negative impact on the world. We would be way
ahead on nutrition without his influence. His legacy is a bunch of
nutbars making up their own individual versions of science, medicine
and nutrition and actually being able to somehow influence popular
beliefs.

TC
Back to top
dmacdonald95@gmail.com
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

Just thought I'd point this out:

Quote:
Thus, I see no scientific reason to suggest at all that encouraging his
patients to go to the toilet 3 times a day by way of his high-fiber
diets and drinking plenty of water. Plus, applying yogurt at both ends
would not have been an effective treatment.

All your last posts said that yogurt enemas were the treatment (for
"something", whatever that something may be, IBS, gastrointestinal
disease, it doesn't really matter), and now you're saying it's NOT an
effective treatment?
Back to top
Mr-Natural-Health
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
I am posing a serious academic question, here. So, the public clown
known as TC can go take a hike. :)

If we are to accuse Kellogg of Quackery then we should at least use the
term 'autointoxication' as he defined it.

http://lifestylelaboratory.com/articles/simple-life-nutshell.html
"Modern medical research has demonstrated that most maladies from which
human beings suffer, chronic as well as acute, are due to infection of
the alimentary canal with poison-forming germs. Many scores of such
germs are known. The poisons are absorbed, and give rise to a great
variety of distressing maladies and symptoms. Unnatural foods and
unwholesome habits of life encourage infection of the intestine by
introducing poison-forming bacteria and promoting their growth. Natural
food and natural habits of life combat these disease-producing
infections. Hence the "simple life" is an antitoxic life, a clean life
in the largest sense."

Kellogg was obsessed with patients who suffered from indigestion. So,
when in 1917 in JAMA he had claimed that he had successfully treated
40,000 patients suffering from gastrointestinal disease with enemas, he
was obviously referring to what we would today call IBS.

It was in fact not known what caused IBS until the new millennium
proved that it was caused by excessive amounts of bacteria in the small
intestine.

Study links intestinal bacteria to irritable bowel syndrome
December 13, 2000
Web posted at: 11:19 AM EST (1619 GMT)
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/12/13/bc.health.irritablebowel.reut/index.html

Lin HC. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth: a framework for
understanding irritable bowel syndrome. JAMA. 2004 Aug 18;292(7):852-8.
Review.
PMID: 15316000
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15316000

Eradication of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth Reduces Symptoms
of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Pimental M, Chow EJ, Lin HC. Amer J Gastro 12: 3503-3506, 2000.
http://www.mindbodydigestive.com/themindb1920/PageId/1/ibs/irritable-bowel-syndrome/treatments/Journal-Reviews/LId/0,30,47/Id/47/Small-Intestinal-Bacterial-Overgrowth.html

Thus, I see no scientific reason to suggest at all that encouraging his
patients to go to the toilet 3 times a day by way of his high-fiber
diets and drinking plenty of water. Plus, applying yogurt at both ends
would not have been an effective treatment. The objective desired by
Kellogg was to flush out the excessive levels of bacteria from the
intestines in a day when antibiotics were not even available. And, to
have the yogurt also re-establish the desired kind of flora / bacteria
in the intestions.

So, I will ask again for an academic to kindly prove with an academic
argument why Kellogg over 100 years ago was NOT in fact correct. To
me, his perception of the problem and how to manage its symptoms was
astoundingly accurate given the level of ridicule that this man had
received over the years.
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
Back to top
TC
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 1814

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

Doc John wrote:
Quote:
TC wrote:

History *has* proven you wrong. You appear to the the only one who
fails to grasp that simple fact.

YOU are wrong once again as usual, Dear Chronic Complainer.

If anything Kellogg was a 100 years ahead of his time.

'fraid not. he set us back 100 years.

Quote:

Encouraging people to go to the toilet 3 times a day by both diet and
drinking water.

one needs only one good bm per day when on a good carnivorous non-grain
diet.

Quote:
And, of course, yogurt applied at both ends were very
effective methods of getting rid of excess bacterial in the intestines,
for his day. A fact that scientific research has only recently shown
to be the true cause of IBS.

You just vehemently denied the Kellogg even used enemas and now you are
defending it. Moron.

Quote:

Of course, today antibiotics would be simpler. Any fool knows that
penicillin was not discover until 1928. And, that the routine use of
antibiotics didn't really happen at all until the World War II period
which was after Kellogg's death.

Any fool would know that Kellogg was not an asset to mankind but one of
the worse influences on diet that has ever walked the face of this
earty.

Quote:

Given what Kellogg had to work with in his day, his treatment methods
were in fact quite effective for treating IBS.

Prove it. Show me documentation that showed that his enemas or his
colon removal operations actually cured anything other than him empty
wallet.

Quote:

You repeated bursts of stupidity and ignorance has my condolences.
--
Doc John
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html

I will say it again...... IDIOT.
Back to top
Mr-Natural-Health
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

TC wrote:

Quote:
History *has* proven you wrong. You appear to the the only one who
fails to grasp that simple fact.

YOU are wrong once again as usual, Dear Chronic Complainer.

If anything Kellogg was a 100 years ahead of his time.

Encouraging people to go to the toilet 3 times a day by both diet and
drinking water. And, of course, yogurt applied at both ends were very
effective methods of getting rid of excess bacterial in the intestines,
for his day. A fact that scientific research has only recently shown
to be the true cause of IBS.

Of course, today antibiotics would be simpler. Any fool knows that
penicillin was not discover until 1928. And, that the routine use of
antibiotics didn't really happen at all until the World War II period
which was after Kellogg's death.

Given what Kellogg had to work with in his day, his treatment methods
were in fact quite effective for treating IBS.

You repeated bursts of stupidity and ignorance has my condolences.
--
Doc John
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
Back to top
TC
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 1814

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

I told you he was into men's buttocks. He just used enemas as a
"medical" reason to play with them.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you would (repeatedly) use Kellogg
to somehow try to give the Natural Health movement some credibility
when all it does is drag the whole movement into the gutter of greed,
religiously zealotry, grain merchants, anti-scientific quackery and
profiteering.

That is like trying to use a big fat slimey stinky turd to sell a
chemical fertilizer.

And posting under different names fools no one, except maybe yourself.

TC

Doc John wrote:
Quote:
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
The John Harvey Kellogg story gets even more interesting boys and girls
and Science Geeks. :)

Kellogg received his medical degree in 1875. The official birth of
biomedicine took place in 1876. In 1910, the Flexner Report comes out.
Where does Kellogg update his medical education, but in Europe.
Precisely where the best schools of scientific medicine are located,
for his time period.

In 1917, Kellogg published a paper in JAMA where he claims to have
successfully treated 40,000 patients suffering from gastrointestinal
disease with enemas.

What is Kellogg known for if it is not his interest in indigestion,
autointoxication, and use of yogurt enemas?

So the problem boys and girls and Science Geeks, is nothing but one of
modernizing terminology. :)

Translate indigestion and gastrointestinal disease into IBS and bingo,
you have a clear winner. Smile Kellogg successfully treated 40,000
patients suffering from IBS and was able to manage and in some cases
cure the disease with yogurt enemas.

It was not until the new millennium, that scientific research has
proven that some forms of IBS are in fact caused by excess bacterial in
the small intestine. A health condition that can in fact be
successfully treated with antibiotics.

Sorry to break the bad news to you Science Geeks, but the facts clearly
show that John Harvey Kellogg was in fact a scientific physician in
every sense of the word, given his time period. That autointoxication
as cause of IBS has in fact a very STRONG scientific basis to it. And,
that flushing out the intestines with yogurt enemas in fact has a very
STRONG scientistic basis for managing the symptoms of IBS. :)

All that you Geeks have to do is modernize Kellogg's terminology. :)

Feel free, Geeks, to prove me wrong. History is on my side. Smile
--
Doc John
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
Back to top
Mr-Natural-Health
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1807

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Autointoxication and yogurt enemas have a very STRONG scientific basis Reply with quote

http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
The John Harvey Kellogg story gets even more interesting boys and girls
and Science Geeks. :)

Kellogg received his medical degree in 1875. The official birth of
biomedicine took place in 1876. In 1910, the Flexner Report comes out.
Where does Kellogg update his medical education, but in Europe.
Precisely where the best schools of scientific medicine are located,
for his time period.

In 1917, Kellogg published a paper in JAMA where he claims to have
successfully treated 40,000 patients suffering from gastrointestinal
disease with enemas.

What is Kellogg known for if it is not his interest in indigestion,
autointoxication, and use of yogurt enemas?

So the problem boys and girls and Science Geeks, is nothing but one of
modernizing terminology. :)

Translate indigestion and gastrointestinal disease into IBS and bingo,
you have a clear winner. Smile Kellogg successfully treated 40,000
patients suffering from IBS and was able to manage and in some cases
cure the disease with yogurt enemas.

It was not until the new millennium, that scientific research has
proven that some forms of IBS are in fact caused by excess bacterial in
the small intestine. A health condition that can in fact be
successfully treated with antibiotics.

Sorry to break the bad news to you Science Geeks, but the facts clearly
show that John Harvey Kellogg was in fact a scientific physician in
every sense of the word, given his time period. That autointoxication
as cause of IBS has in fact a very STRONG scientific basis to it. And,
that flushing out the intestines with yogurt enemas in fact has a very
STRONG scientistic basis for managing the symptoms of IBS. :)

All that you Geeks have to do is modernize Kellogg's terminology. :)

Feel free, Geeks, to prove me wrong. History is on my side. Smile
--
Doc John
http://naturalhealthperspective.com/tutorials/john-kellogg.html
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 pm | All times are GMT
Forum index » Medicine forums » nursing
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Colonic irrigation and the theory of autointoxication: a ... TC nutrition 0 Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:55 pm
No new posts Kelloggs favorite enema - yogurt TC nutrition 2 Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:37 pm
No new posts The most scientific diet I ever tried. 22 lbs in 1 month. hollywoodcopy@gmail.com nutrition 2 Sun May 07, 2006 9:56 pm
No new posts Lyme Movie- "The Scientific Fraud in Testing for Lyme," F... Newsgroup Leader Katheen lyme 1 Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:18 pm
No new posts Strong Opposition To Mercury In Fillings \"Jan Drew\" dentistry 4 Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:48 am

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: email marketing campaigns , electronics forum, Science forum, Unix/Linux blog, Unix/Linux documentation, Unix/Linux forums


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0220s ][ Queries: 20 (0.0023s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]