FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Medicine forums » cardiology
Coffee and Heart Problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 950 [14248 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 948, 949, 950 Next
Author Message
montygram
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Posts: 825

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HIV (Was Re: Coffee Consumption and the Link to Cardiovascular Disease) Reply with quote

Now you can't even seem to distinguish between my claims and those of
others with whom I disagree. When you can cite any evidence that HIV
kills enough T cells to do even a minor amount of harm, then I will
take another look at the evidence. Retroviruses are totally harmless,
with the one exception of RSV (which is dangerous for an interesting
reason that is beyond the scope of this thread). Mice are known to
have hundreds of these viruses without ill effects. There are all
kinds of viruses, bacteria, etc. in animals that do no harm. If one is
to claim that HIV is dangerous, there needs to be a presentation of
evidence, and it should be very obvious (there's no reason for it not
to be). The fact that there is no evidence after 20 years demonstrates
utter failure on the HIV=AIDS=death true believers. Retroviruses just
become part of the host body, and life goes on just fine.

I like your "I'm right in theory" argument. It is the non-entities
like yourself, who go around defending textbook dogma (for which there
is either poor evidence or no evidence), and allow a failed system to
keep killing people, who are rewarded these days (with tenure, etc.).

And I'm not going to be your errand boy. Go get yourself some coconut
oil, put them in a petri dish with some cells that should grown, and
see what happens. Or you can just do a pubmed search, though I'm
beginning to doubt if you can even accomplish that, giving the density
of the substance that lies between your ears.
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

bialik wrote:
Quote:

SHALOM

I ask you to read this letter till the end! Don't treat to my words
with indifferens. On Your understanding it will depend my fate and
the fate of my child!

I am Bialik Oleg , date of birth 1964 , pssport No ,313690364
repatriated to Israel in March 1999 with my family from Ukraine
(Kiev).

However on 28 of September 2000 my wife
left me with with child and went to other man in Kiev.

She robbed me and my child , took money from personal savings , left
us with our debts and went out Israel.

Ten years I have suffered from diabetes (diabetes mellitus type I) ,
I got three injection of insulin per day . After the endured stress
I find myself in hospital with diagnosis : diabetic ketoacidosis
(hiperlipidemia). I am 65% Physicaly Inable.

In situation , I found myself , I was never. We have no relati! ves and
friends in Israel.

I shall struggle for our with my child surviving till the last breth.
But at present moment I am not imagining how I and my child can go
out of this financial bankruptcy.

My money that I get from Bituah Leumi were cut to 1236 shekels
for month.Now it's even not enough to buy food and pay taxes.
Because of my Physical inability I can not work.

My son that is going to be an Israely soldier in a year can not
be hungry. We have nothing to pay for a room and us will expose
on street.

Therfore I apply to you , asking to help as you can. The help which
goes from philanthropists of America does not reach in Israel simple
people!!!

If you think that this is some kind of scam I can send you my
documents that can proof personal information with your request.

If you cant help, please send this to any people that you know that
can help me.

Contact telefon (972)546504203

My data: Bank Leumi. Israel

Branch 886

Account : 517044\94

Haifa. Israel.

Byalik Oleg

Our adress is Israel, Haifa, BAZALEL 24 a, Bialik family.

E-MAIL: goldman2004@mail.ru

With respect,
Bialik Oleg

You remain in my prayers to God, in Christ's holy name.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Heart redirects blood after blockage Reply with quote

John Ruh wrote:
Quote:

Thanks to all for replying. I was able to find what I needed.


You are welcome :-)


At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Policosanol Results Reply with quote

ken kerrison wrote:
Quote:

Recently I posted the following:

A few months back, after stopping Lipitor (muscle pain), I indicated
that I would give Policosanol a try and report the results. After over
two months on this medication I had a blood test yesterday and I will
report the result in a week or so.

It was notable that, as soon as I ceased taking Lipitor, my
cholesterol level retured to the same level as before I started it
about ten years ago. So it will be interesting.......

I now have the blood test results and they show a 6% fall in
cholesterol. This is enough to move me out of the danger zone. No
noticeable side-effects. My doctor agrees I should stay with it and
check again in six months.

The product I am using is put up by Blackmores in Australia and I am
taking the 5mg tabs at bedtime each night.

If you are heavier than optimal, weight loss per the 2PD Approach
enhances the effect of policosanol.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Minimum effective dose of Toprol XL? Reply with quote

dax wrote:
Quote:

I (female age 60) am looking for information about the lowest effective
dose of Toprol XL when prescribed for protection from heart attack (not for
high blood pressure) following a successful angioplasty and stenting (1) in
November, 2004. Original dose was 50mg with side effects of fatigue,
lethargy, and a general feeling that something was not right. Dose was
reduced to 25mg after 8 weeks with great improvement in side effects.
Reduced again to 12.5mg 4 weeks later, again with positive reduction in side
effects. So, is the 12.5mg enough to provide protection from heart attack?
My heart rate when reclining is consistently 60; when seated, 66. I have
read that 12.5mg is effective for CHF but have not been able to find
information about the smallest effective dose for patients with a stent but
no heart failure. Could someone direct me to relevant research or other
sources of information? Thanks!

The smallest effective dose is the maximum dose without adverse side
effects.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How does lifting heavy weights affect the heart in the longer run? Reply with quote

xyzer@hotmail.com wrote:
Quote:

In general, all else equal, how does powerlifting affect the heart in
the longer run? For example, if you took a million randomly selected
people from this world, didn't change anything about them other than
the fact that you made them start powerlifting at age 18, and then
looked at a million other randomly selected people that weren't made to
start powerlifting, what differences in their hearts would you predict
seeing and would it matter? ... Say, you examined them at age 50.

Ime, powerlifters tend to have obesity-related heart problems as they
grow older. This is because of their tendency to continue their
"training" habit of over-eating.

Quote:
What's the latest research say about this?

Not much.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: salmon oil and triglycerides Reply with quote

zwalanga@yahoo.com wrote:
Quote:

I have begun taking salmon oil (Steve Harris) and also eat fatty fish
at least four times a week. I wonder if there is such a thing as too
low a triglyceride level and if so, what the problems might be with
that. My unmedicated triclyerides are exceptionally low.

Zee

There is no such thing.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 8540

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Cardiac enzymes post-stenting Reply with quote

Jerome Ranch wrote:
Quote:

That was my thinking as well.
But the post stent report claims that throughout the whole procedure,
normal heart wall movement was observed, and a stress echo resulted in
the same conclusion
I suppose an MI could be small enough to effect cardiac enzyme
elevation without symptoms.

It is possible to have an MI too small to detect though presumably you
had symptoms that led up to your seeking medical attention.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2F325D1A
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HIV (Was Re: Coffee Consumption and the Link to Cardiovascular Disease) Reply with quote

So much for not responding to future posts...

montygram wrote:
Quote:
Now you can't even seem to distinguish between my claims and those of
others with whom I disagree.

What are you talking about here? Which claims and which others? I
realise you don't want to quote me because it would highlight your lack
of answers, but at least give me a hint what you're talking about this
time.

Quote:
When you can cite any evidence that HIV
kills enough T cells to do even a minor amount of harm, then I will
take another look at the evidence.

It's not *just* HIV. The immune system attacks itself too, because
T-cells are displaying HIV antigens.

Quote:
Retroviruses are totally harmless,

Never heard of oncogenes then? Just how narrow is your biochemical
knowledge?

Retroviruses cause cardioyopathy:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15531775

Quote:
with the one exception of RSV (which is dangerous for an interesting
reason that is beyond the scope of this thread). Mice are known to
have hundreds of these viruses without ill effects. There are all
kinds of viruses, bacteria, etc. in animals that do no harm.

The only viruses in humans that do no harm are the phages that attack
the bacteria. Viruses only exist through destruction of host cells. How
can that possibly be harmless?

Quote:
If one is
to claim that HIV is dangerous, there needs to be a presentation of
evidence,

Symptoms of HIV infection:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15554094

HIV promoting cancer:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15544455

Quote:
and it should be very obvious (there's no reason for it not
to be). The fact that there is no evidence after 20 years
demonstrates
utter failure on the HIV=AIDS=death true believers. Retroviruses just
become part of the host body, and life goes on just fine.

I like your "I'm right in theory" argument.

This a new one on me. Where did I propose it?

Quote:
It is the non-entities
like yourself, who go around defending textbook dogma
(for which there
is either poor evidence or no evidence), and allow a failed system to
keep killing people, who are rewarded these days (with tenure, etc.).

And I'm not going to be your errand boy. Go get yourself some
coconut
oil, put them in a petri dish with some cells that should grown, and
see what happens.

I imagine the coconut oil would float on the surface of the culture
medium.

Quote:
Or you can just do a pubmed search, though I'm
beginning to doubt if you can even accomplish that,

You apparently have amnesia - probably caused by a deficiency in omega
3 fatty acids.

MattLB
Back to top
hansmatt
medicine forum beginner


Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Coffee Consumption and the Link to Cardiovascular Disease Reply with quote

Roman Bystrianyk wrote:
Quote:
"All reported types of coffee (instant coffee, brewed coffee,
Greek-type coffee, cappuccino, or filtered coffee) were adjusted for
1
cup coffee (150 mL) and caffeine concentrations of 28 mg/cup."

I am sorry I only have a hard copy of the study. Some excerpts are
located here:

http://www.healthsentinel.com/briefs.php?id=035&title=Coffee&selected_id=21&event=briefs_print_list_item


Can they please leave ONE thing alone that I like.... Please....
Back to top
David Rind
medicine forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 205

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Statins Reduce Deaths Among Dialysis Patients Reply with quote

Zee wrote:
Quote:
As do I. And I depend on people like you to instruct me. I had a brief
look in pubmed for the study you mentioned but didn't find anything
that looked right.

I don't think the study has been published yet. It was a German study
called the "4D trial" and was presented at the American Society of
Nephrology meeting a few months ago.

Quote:
By the way, there was a link out off your site which I used a few weeks
ago, and wanting to use it again, I looked but couldn't find it. Have
you taken some links out? It was for a non-profit group.

I cleaned up my academic web page a month or two ago. It had gotten very
out of date and the IT powers-that-be had taken away my access for a
while so I couldn't edit it. I deleted a bunch of stuff that I hadn't
checked on recently. I don't remember any particular non-profit group
link, though. If you happen to recall what the group did I could
probably track the link down.

--
David Rind
drind@caregroup.harvard.edu
Back to top
Zee
medicine forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Statins Reduce Deaths Among Dialysis Patients Reply with quote

Yikes. I made a donation. It came off my credit card. Ring a bell? Zee


David Rind wrote:
Quote:
Zee wrote:
As do I. And I depend on people like you to instruct me. I had a
brief
look in pubmed for the study you mentioned but didn't find anything
that looked right.

I don't think the study has been published yet. It was a German study

called the "4D trial" and was presented at the American Society of
Nephrology meeting a few months ago.

By the way, there was a link out off your site which I used a few
weeks
ago, and wanting to use it again, I looked but couldn't find it.
Have
you taken some links out? It was for a non-profit group.

I cleaned up my academic web page a month or two ago. It had gotten
very
out of date and the IT powers-that-be had taken away my access for a
while so I couldn't edit it. I deleted a bunch of stuff that I hadn't

checked on recently. I don't remember any particular non-profit group

link, though. If you happen to recall what the group did I could
probably track the link down.

--
David Rind
drind@caregroup.harvard.edu
Back to top
David Rind
medicine forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 205

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Statins Reduce Deaths Among Dialysis Patients Reply with quote

Zee wrote:
Quote:
Yikes. I made a donation. It came off my credit card. Ring a bell? Zee

I think I used to have a link to Project Inform, an AIDS information
group (though as a link for people looking for information, not as a
recommendation for donations). They may still be a worthwhile group -- I
just hadn't tracked links down in a while and so deleted pretty much
everything that was old.

--
David Rind
drind@caregroup.harvard.edu
Back to top
Zee
medicine forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Statins Reduce Deaths Among Dialysis Patients Reply with quote

David Rind wrote:
Quote:
Zee wrote:
Yikes. I made a donation. It came off my credit card. Ring a bell?
Zee

I think I used to have a link to Project Inform, an AIDS information
group (though as a link for people looking for information, not as a
recommendation for donations). They may still be a worthwhile group
-- I
just hadn't tracked links down in a while and so deleted pretty much
everything that was old.

--
David Rind
drind@caregroup.harvard.edu

Yes...that's it. I did not remember the name and it's just numbers on
my statement. Ok. I will find someplace else for my next paltry
donation. Zee
Back to top
Sharon Hope
medicine forum Guru


Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Posts: 752

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Statins Reduce Deaths Among Dialysis Patients Reply with quote

I hope you realize what a valuable donation it is to all of us daily when
you give of your time, energy, and excellent research skills.

You are very much appreciated.

"Zee" <zwalanga@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1107913633.796265.136000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
Quote:

David Rind wrote:
Zee wrote:
Yikes. I made a donation. It came off my credit card. Ring a bell?
Zee

I think I used to have a link to Project Inform, an AIDS information
group (though as a link for people looking for information, not as a
recommendation for donations). They may still be a worthwhile group
-- I
just hadn't tracked links down in a while and so deleted pretty much
everything that was old.

--
David Rind
drind@caregroup.harvard.edu

Yes...that's it. I did not remember the name and it's just numbers on
my statement. Ok. I will find someplace else for my next paltry
donation. Zee
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 950 [14248 Posts] Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 948, 949, 950 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:30 pm | All times are GMT
Forum index » Medicine forums » cardiology
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Matters of the Heart TEX cardiology 0 Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 am
No new posts Chronic Anxiety and Exercise, how does it effect the heart ? RichA cardiology 15 Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 pm
No new posts Heart Block George cardiology 1 Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:16 pm
No new posts Guide to a healthy heart blackrotspon@yahoo.com cardiology 0 Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:02 pm
No new posts Lifestyle trumps drugs for a healthy heart: study Roman Bystrianyk cardiology 9 Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:27 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: email marketing campaigns , electronics forum, Science forum, Unix/Linux blog, Unix/Linux documentation, Unix/Linux forums


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0426s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0191s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]